Hello all,

I am making a request for information.  I have just started on a Master's
project, in which I and my collaborators will be studying the effects of
military overflights (i.e. noise disturbance) on shorebirds on the coast of
North Carolina.  We plan on placing video cameras on the nests and colonies of
a few species (American Oystercatchers, Least Terns, Black Skimmers, Wilson's
Plovers) to document their response to the disturbance of the flights.

We are researching various equipment, set-ups, and methods for video recording
of the birds and nests.  We are particularly interested in Digital Video
Recorders and current technology.  Therefore, if anyone has any advice for
monitoring noise disturbance with video, and/or is currently utilizing these
methods in their research - or, if anyone has any general suggestions on
methods for measuring effects of noise disturbance outside of video monitoring
- any insight would be most helpful and greatly appreciated.

Please contact me directly at: tracyborne...@gmail.com

Many thanks,
Tracy Borneman

Graduate Research Assistant