We are seeking an applicant to fill a graduate assistantship (Ph.D.) at the
City University of New York’s (CUNY) Graduate Center.  The research will
focus on the influence of oyster restoration on sediment nutrient cycling in
a eutrophic coastal environment (Jamaica Bay, NY), and is funded by the
National Science Foundation.

Individuals with an interest in ecology, biogeochemistry, and shellfish
biology are encouraged to apply. We are seeking a student that has obtained
a BS or MS in a related discipline, has field experience in aquatic
research, and has a record of excellent teamwork skills.

The successful applicant will be co-advised by Chester Zarnoch and Timothy
Hoellein at Baruch College and enrolled in the Ecology, Evolutionary
Biology, and Behavior program in the Department of Biology at CUNY’s
Graduate Center.

Applications to the CUNY Graduate Center are due Jan 1, 2010. See the
following website for more information on how to apply:

http://web.gc.cuny.edu/eeb/index.html

Prior to applying, prospective students are encouraged to contact either PI
with a brief description of their experience and research interests.

Sincerely,

Timothy J. Hoellein, Ph.D.
timothy.hoell...@baruch.cuny.edu
Phone: (646) 660-6247
http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/wsas/academics/natural_science/thoellein.htm
http://tim.hoellein.googlepages.com/timothyj.hoellein

Chester B. Zarnoch, Ph.D.
chester.zarn...@baruch.cuny.edu
Phone:(646) 660-6239
http://faculty.baruch.cuny.edu/czarnoch

Baruch College, City University of New York
Dept. of Natural Sciences
Box A-0506, 17 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Fax: (646) 660-6201