I am marking Magnificent frigatebirds (Fregata magnificens) on Barbuda, Lesser Antilles, with yellow wing tags (one on each wing) and black numbering, using a number-number-letter combination. I've used the letters "H" and "T" so far. These birds have been spotted throughout the West Indies, Venezuela, and off French Guyana. If anyone hears of or spots a frigatebird with wing tags, I would most appreciate hearing about it; please email me at s.tre...@unb.ca, or call 506-452-6033. Thanks to those who have already done so! Even if you can't read the wing tag, knowing the sex and location of a tagged bird is great. Taking digital photos can be a great way to read the wing tag - it can be tricky when the bird is flying. Thank you!

Sarah Trefry
PhD candidate, University of New Brunswick
www.unb.ca/acwern/people/strefry.htm