Hi,

We have just launched a 'citizen science' web based project seeking
information of sightings of marine species that are spotted outside their
usual distributions - i.e. range extensions possibly associated with climate
change. A major aim of the project is obviously ecological monitoring but
another just as important aim is community and industry engagement on an
issue many do not currently believe in (80% of fishers from our surveys!).
We are hoping industry see Redmap data as 'theirs' and start to engage more
on the climate change issue.

I'd be very interested in hearing from others involved in any citizen
science projects (particularly marine and/or climate change) and other
surveys/information about fisher attitudes towards climate change.

Our website is at www.redmap.org.au and the report with the survey about
fisher beliefs and climate change is at
http://www.climatechange.gov.au/publications/coastline/east-coast-rock-
lobster.aspx

Cheers,

Gretta Pecl
Tasmanian Aquaculture & Fisheries Institute