Postdoctoral position available for research on ecology and evolution of
freshwater fish.
I am seeking a postdoctoral scientist to work with me on two research
projects in ecology and evolution of freshwater fishes.   The goal of the
first project is to determine how habitat condition and surrounding land
use patterns affect abundance and demography of a rare minnow, northern
leatherside chub.  This project will require intensive field work
surveying streams in southwestern Wyoming and parts of Utah and Idaho.
The goal of the second project is to characterize genetically-based mouth
shape phenotypes in the captive brood stock of an endangered lake sucker,
June sucker.  This project will require facility with geometric
morphometric techniques and statistical analysis of shape data.  The
successful candidate should be able to lead a field crew in difficult
conditions, insure integrity and quality of data, analyze and interpret
results, and write final reports and publish the research in a reputable
journal.   The postdoctoral position will be housed in the Department of
Biology at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.  I will begin reviewing
applications upon receipt, and the desired start date is March 30th,
2010.  Salary is $35,000 per year plus benefits.  The position is for 1
year with the possible extension of an additional year conditional on
funding and performance.  Interested candidates should direct their
inquiries to: Mark C. Belk, Department of Biology, Brigham Young
University (mark_b...@byu.edu).   Preliminary applications should include
a cover letter, a c.v., and a list of three references.  Individuals that
make the first cut will be invited to submit a formal application, and to
solicit and send recommendation letters.  Formal applications should be
submitted to: 401 WIDB, Department of Biology, BYU, Provo, UT 84602 by
conventional mail; or electronically to christinageo...@byu.edu.  A
condition of employment at Brigham Young University is a willingness to
abide by the BYU Honor Code of conduct (http://honorcode.byu.edu).