Greetings, all.

I am working on some tree physiology models, and am missing a few parameter
values on temperate tree allometry.  I'm sure that I could find the information
I need in published papers, but I was wondering whether I could save myself
some time by getting values directly from public data sets.  Can anyone
recommend a database to check out?

My specific model species are Acer saccharum, Quercus rubra, and Betula
papyrifera, though I'd be happy to have relevant parameter values for just one
or two of these or related species.  I'm particularly interested in smaller
trees, in the ~5 meter height range.  I need to know the relationships among
diameter at breast height, tree height, and total leaf area.

Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Alexandra Thorn
Doctoral Candidate