I previously asked about completing an internationl PhD and I wanted to
thank everyone for their input. It's given me a lot to think about.

On another note, especially with the economic downturn, the idea of taking
a gap year looks appealing. I wanted to get some feedback on volunteering
abroad or assisting with ecological projects abroad. I am aware that there
are quite a few global volunteer organizations that offer projects abroad,
for a fee. Some of these fees seem steep, but I can understand the need to
charge something. Does anyone have any feedback on these organizations
(i.e. GVI, Projects Abroad, GVN, Australearn, etc.)? How else might I
search for international research opportunities or internships?

Thanks again.