If there are any stranded international scientists in the Washington DC area
(or anyone else for that matter) due to the volcano, I have space in my house
available. I put up an ad on Craigslist but I've had no responses...but I'm
sure that people aren't exactly on Craigslist looking for housing. So I figured
I'd make the offer more publicly.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/sub/1697623981.html

And I figured I'd try something else. If you're stranded in another metro area,
let me know and I'll try to connect you with someone from that metro area. For
now, let's limit it to New York, Miami, DC, Chicago, and San Francisco. If
you're from one of those places and have space, email me. If you need housing,
email me. I'll try to make good connections.

-Michael