Mobile (865) 919-9811
Fax    (810) 844-0583

www.jordanmarshall.com

On Apr 26, 2010, at 12:00 AM, ECOLOG-L automatic digest system <lists...@listserv.umd.edu > wrote:

Date:    Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:58:02 -0400
From:    "Aaron T. Dossey" <bugoc...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: lessons for new faculty members?

By the way:  This seems like a strange topic considering:  There don't
seem to be new faculty hires anywhere anyhow!  Other than existing
faculty applying elsewhere to negotiate a better deal or because they
didn't get tenure, or the plethora of trailing spouse hires (which I
find extremely egregious and unethical, if not technically illegal in
some cases) - I am not aware of any legitimate "new" faculty hires -
whereby a postdoc or student applies to an ADVERTISED position at a
place where they don't know anyone, or don't know the chair or anyone on the search committee already, and actually gets the job because their CV
and interview are the best of the bunch.

.... I could go on, but I have work to do. :)

Aaron T. Dossey, Ph.D.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology