***    PLEASE HELP US ADVERTISE THE FOLLOWING AWARDS IN YOUR
INSTITUTION/DEPARTMENT/LAB. Many thanks!   ***

The ESA Student Section is proud to sponsor the following awards and
contests. If you are planning on attending the 95th annual conference of the
Ecological Society of America (Pittsburgh, PA), please check out the
following opportunities:

- 2010 ESA Student Section Travel Awards: We will support the attendance of
national and international students to the 2010 ESA annual conference via
economic support. Deadline is *May 30th*. For more info:
http://www.esa.org/students/section/node/117

- 2010 ESA Eco-Art Festival: submit your photos and films to make a real
outreach impact on society... and win cash prices, free audiovisual
materials and free registrations to the conference!! The winning
applications will be displayed at the ESA Student Section Award Ceremony
during the annual conference. Deadline is *June 1st*. For more info:
http://www.esa.org/students/section/node/345

- 2010 Outstanding Student Research in Ecology Awards (OSREAs): We will
award one undergraduate and one graduate student cash prizes for excellence
in research. Deadline is *June 15th*. For more info:
http://www.esa.org/students/section/node/347

- 2010 Best Undergraduate Presentation Awards (BUPAs): We will award two
awards to undergraduate students for excellence in research presented (oral
and poster presentations) at the annual 2010 ESA conference. Deadline is
*June 15th*. For more info: http://www.esa.org/students/section/node/351

- 2010 Academic Excellence Award for Young Women in Ecology: We will award
one female student a cash prize for academic excellence demonstrated by an
outstanding research publication and a commitment o increase the visibility
of other women in science. Deadline is *May 30th*. For more info:
http://www.esa.org/students/section/node/119

- 2010 Eco-service Award: The Union of Concerned Scientists and the ESA
Student Section will honor one young scientist for his/her contribution to
the field of ecology that has extended well beyond the realm of academia and
into the broader communities of which he/she is a part. Deadline is *May
31st*. For more info: http://www.esa.org/students/section/node/343. For more
information about UCS: http://www.ucsusa.org/

We urge you/your students to submit their applications to these prestigious
awards/contests.

The winners will be announced at the ESA Student Section Award Ceremony
(exact time and day TBA), which will take place at the ESA annual conference
in Pittsburgh, August 1st-6th, 2010 (Please note that the 2010 BUPAs will be
announced at the 96th ESA annual conference, to be held in 2011 in Austin
TX).

Finally, if you would like to become an active voice in one of the most
active Sections of the ESA, please consider becoming an ESA Student Section
officer. Deadline is *June 15th*. For more info:
http://www.esa.org/students/section/node/350

Best luck to all applicants!!

Rob Salguero-Gomez
ESA-Student Section, chair

--
"Illic est haud via ut prosperitas tamen exsupero in panton"