  From: Wendee Holtcamp
  To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:56 PM
  Subject: [ECOLOG-L] mystery turtle - need help on id

  I was recently in West TX just north of Big Bend National Park (in Elephant
  Mountain Wildlife Management Area) when I encountered a turtle I can't seem
  to id from my Reptiles book. It was very striking in its coloration with a
  blueish head, orange legs, and red eyes. Some sort of box turtle I think but
  it doesn't match any description I can find, or image, etc!!

  Anyone know what this guy is? http://twitpic.com/2r07a2

  If you have trouble with that link (on occasion when I click it, it tells me
  that pic no longer exists, the pic is also at my blog
  http://bohemianadventures.blogspot.com
  <http://bohemianadventures.blogspot.com/>   (scroll down to the pics at the
  end of the latest post).

  Wendee

  Blogs for Nature from the Bering Sea ~ http://tinyurl.com/2ctghbl
       Wendee Holtcamp, M.S. Wildlife Ecology ~ @bohemianone
      Freelance Writer * Photographer * Bohemian
            http://www.wendeeholtcamp.com <http://www.wendeeholtcamp.com/>
       http://bohemianadventures.blogspot.com
  <http://bohemianadventures.blogspot.com/>
  ~~ 6-wk Online Writing Course Starts Oct 16 (signup by Oct 9) ~~
  I'm Animal Planet's news blogger - http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_news