Ecolog:

I have been given to understand that plant cover is the most widely used type
of measurement used in assessing ecosystem restoration project performance.

What other types of measurement would you suggest, and why? Why is cover
preferred, if it is? Why would others be preferable?

WT

PS: Please also advise whether or not there is uniformity with respect to
performance assessment amongst the agencies having jurisdiction in the USA. I
am especially interested in standards and measurements used elsewhere in the
world.