Ruth Yanai is recruiting a graduate student, MS or PhD, to participate
in a new multi-investigator project on nutrient limitation (N vs P) of
young and old northern hardwood stands at Hubbard Brook, Jeffers Brook,
and Bartlett Experimental Forest (sites with contrasting P availability)
in New Hampshire, USA.  Simulation modeling using Rastetter's
Multi-Element Limitation model could contribute to this project, as
could field studies, for example on quantitative soil and root sampling
or foliar retranslocation of nutrients.

For more information on my research projects, visit my web site.  For
access to the password-protected proposal documents, contact Heather
Engelman at forestecol...@esf.edu
<https://listserv.umd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?LOGON=A2%3Dind0812C%26L%3DECOLOG-L%
26P%3DR2637%26I%3D-3> .  Hubbard Brook and Bartlett Experimental Forest
also have web sites.

For information about the department of Forest and Natural Resources
Management at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry,
Syracuse, NY, visit http://www.esf.edu/fnrm .

Instructions for applying and application forms are available on line at
http://www.esf.edu/graduate/admission.htm .

US students from under-represented groups may be eligible for college
and university-wide Diversity Fellowships.

Ruth D. Yanai, Professor, Forest and Natural Resources Management

SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, NY 13210

http://www.esf.edu/fnrm/faculty/yanai.asp

phone: 315 470-6955 fax: 315 470-6954