Dear fellow scientists,

I am curious to know whether I should retake the GRE to get into a good PhD
program? I just completed my first semester of my masters. I spoke to a PhD
student at Berkeley who stated that graduate programs are not emphasizing
the GRE so much anymore, however I do not think this is the case, as I was
denied acceptance to UNR for my masters since my scores were not at least a
1200. I want to get a PhD in either comparative biology, invertebrate
zoology, or marine biology. I am not sure, which PhD programs I will be
applying to. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Carissa
Shipman

--
Carissa Shipman
Graduate Teaching Assistant and Student