Greeting Ecolog-ers!

  I'm a student enrolled in a Masters of Science program in Biology at American
University.  My purpose for writing today is to solicit assistance in locating
internships or part time employment in my area.  I have a BS in Plant science
(research background academically) with horticulture professional experience,
and am trying to escape the horticulture and get more into
naturalist/zoological
pursuits [particularly endangered species management], or research
in conservation biology, ecology/evolution).  My thesis is dealing with sexual
selection and predator-prey interactions of a species of amphipod.

As you can see, I have broad interests at the moment and am open to internships
or part-time jobs in any of these topics (I'm still figuring out my career
direction, don't want to exclude possibilities!) but at least have it have it
narrowed down to at least this naturalist/bio research realm.  I'm having a
VERY
hard time locating anything locally.  I have numerous roots put down in the
area, so unfortunately I'm tied to the DC area in my search.  All the
internships I have found that pertain to my interests are not in this area
(I.e.
the CLM internships that have come across Ecolog lately).  So I would like to
appeal the great readers and posters on this list for help in my search.  I'm
looking for internship/job leads and recommendations, places I should look at,
people I should talk to.  Any help and guidance would be most helpful either on
list or via email.

To help you out, some of the places I've looked at are the Smithsonian
Conservation Biology Institute, National Zoo, Chesapeake Bay Foundation,
Student
Conservation Association, the Baltimore Aquarium, and Maryland Zoo in
Baltimore.
 I could

Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide!
Chris Seabolt