I am seeking a motivated student to fill a graduate assistantship at the
Ph.D. level in the Coastal & Marine System Science Program at Texas A&M
University-Corpus Christi (http://pens.tamucc.edu/cmss/). The position is
available beginning in Fall, 2011.  Student’s dissertation will focus on
the effects of variable freshwater delivery, resulting from extreme
climatic events such as drought, on estuarine plankton production and
trophic dynamics.  The University is affiliated with the Harte Research
Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies (http://harteresearchinstitute.org/),
which is where the student will be housed.

Interested students should preferably hold a M.S. degree in ecology,
marine science/oceanography, or a related field and possess strong
quantitative skills. Potential applicants holding a B.S. degree should
have at least 2 years of research experience in an area related to
plankton or estuarine ecology.

The graduate assistantship will have an excellent stipend relative to the
cost-of-living.  Cost-of-living in Corpus Christi, Texas, is inexpensive
and ample opportunities exist for cultural/artistic and outdoor
activities.  San Antonio is approximately 2 hours to the northwest, Austin
3 hours to the northwest, and Houston 3 hours to the northeast.

I am looking to fill this position rather quickly, so to be considered for
the position, please email me, Dr. Mike Wetz at michael.w...@tamucc.edu,
as soon as possible. Along with a letter of interest, please send your
C.V., unofficial transcripts and GRE scores.  For more information on my
laboratory and research interests, please see:
http://sci.tamucc.edu/~mwetz/