POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Leopold Fellow in Biodiversity and
Ecosystem Services.

**ATTENTION**: we apologize but due to a technical issue with our email
server some previous job applications were not received.  The problem has
now been resolved and we will be extending the deadline for submission of
applications until 01 March 2011.  If you have already submitted an
application, you will receive a confirmation email by 1/28; if you receive
no such confirmation please resubmit your application materials by the new
deadline.

The newly formed Center for Energy, Environment and Sustainability (CEES) at
Wake Forest University is accepting applications for a postdoctoral
fellowship to begin May 01, 2011 (start date negotiable).  The successful
candidate will work with faculty members from a variety of departments who
conduct active research in areas related to conservation, sustainability,
economic development, emerging environmental markets and biodiversity.  The
candidate will also offer one upper-level seminar per year in his or her
discipline.  Highly qualified candidates will have experience working at the
interface between remote sensing and conservation issues, especially as they
pertain to the effects of land conversion and/or resource extraction on the
integrity of ecosystems and ecosystem processes.  Examples of specific areas
of specialization that are highly desirable to the goals of the center
include, but are not limited to: biogeochemistry, hydrology, climate change,
and landscape ecology.  The faculty working within CEES represents a diverse
group of interest and disciplines working in iconic ecosystems such as the
western Amazon and Andes, Galapagos, Serengeti, Southern Appalachians, and
the North American Coastal Barrier Islands.  Salary is USD $42,000 per yr
with a competitive benefits package.  Interested applicants should submit a
curriculum vita, up to three representative publications and contact
information for three references as a single pdf file to
cees.post...@wfu.edu by 01 March 2011.