UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN INVASIVE SPECIES PHYLOGEOGRAPHY

A postdoctoral position is available in my lab. Although I am particularly
interested in an individual
with skills in phylogeography, I would also consider an individual more broadly
interested in the
ecological genetics of invasive species (see
http://www.genetics.uga.edu/mauriciolab/ and
http://www.genetics.uga.edu/pire/ for more details).

I am interested in hiring someone with some background in evolutionary or
ecological genetics
and with excellent bench skills. The ideal candidate will be organized, pay
close attention to detail,
and be able to work both independently and in collaboration with others. In
particular, the
candidate may work closely with Dr. Travis Glenn on next-gen approaches.
Independent side
projects on the part of the postdoc are encouraged and will be supported
intellectually and
financially if feasible. A Ph.D. is required.

There also may be an opportunity for this postdoc to gain independent teaching
experience (for
extra pay) by teaching a small, 1-credit, discussion section for our
undergraduate evolutionary
biology course each semester.

The start date is late summer/early fall 2011, although there is some
flexibility in start dates. The
initial appointment is for one year, with an additional year of funding
available conditional on
satisfactory performance.  The annual salary for this position will be
commensurate with
experience, and includes benefits. The University of Georgia is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and I
encourage applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in the life
sciences.

Please send me an e-mail (mauri...@uga.edu) with the following information:  a
statement
detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, a CV, a statement
of your research
interests, and the names and contact information for 2 people who could write
on your behalf.

Rodney Mauricio
Department of Genetics
University of Georgia