Please share this announcement with others who may be interested.

2011 NATURAL HISTORY WORKSHOPS at the UWM FIELD STATION

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Field Station conducts a series of
Natural History Workshops.  These workshops offer an opportunity to study
focused topics at college-level instruction under the guidance of noted
authorities.  We offer two-day and week-long workshops, and housing and
meals are available at the Station.  Enrollment is limited to 20, the
atmosphere is informal and instruction is individualized.  Workshops may be
taken for graduate or undergraduate credit by enrolling in UWM, Topics in
Field Biology.  Fees vary.  Please contact the Field Station for more
information and a registration form, or visit our website at
http://www4.uwm.edu/fieldstation/workshops/ for full descriptions of each
course, fee information, and a downloadable Registration Form.  The 2011
summer workshop schedule includes eight courses:

Bryophytes: Identification and Ecology
        Instructor: Dr. Virginia Freire
        May 24 & 25 (Tuesday & Wednesday)

Wildlife Inventory and Monitoring
        Instructor: Dr. Gary Casper
        June 3 & 4 (Friday & Saturday)

Vegetation of Wisconsin
        Instructor: Dr. James Reinartz
        June 13-18 (Monday - Saturday)

Aquatic Invertebrates
        Instructors: Dr. Gretchen Meyer and Robert Clare
        June 24 & 25 (Friday & Saturday)

Ecological Geology
        Instructor: Dr. Roger Kuhns
        July 11 - 15 (Monday - Friday)

Grasses: Identification and Ecology
        Instructor: Dr. Robert Freckmann
        July 29 & 30 (Friday & Saturday)

 Aquatic Vascular Plants: Identification and Ecology
        Instructor: Dr. Tim Gerber
        August 6 & 7 (Saturday & Sunday)

Composites: Taxonomy and Evolution
        Instructor: Dr. Alison Mahoney
        August 12 & 13 (Friday & Saturday)

There are also a few spots left in our spring workshop:

Writing About the Natural World
        Instructor: Dr. Mary Linton
        April 22 & 23 (Friday & Saturday)

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Field Station
3095 Blue Goose Rd.
Saukville, WI 53080
Phone: 262 675-6844
Fax: 262 675-0337