I am planning to offer several 2-day courses on the Information-Theoretic
approaches to statistical inference over the coming summer months.  These
courses focus on the practical application of these new methods and are
based on Kullback-Leibler information and Akaike’s information criterion
(AIC).  The material follows my recent textbook,

Anderson, D. R. 2008. Model based inference in the life sciences: a primer
on evidence. Springer, New York, NY. 184pp.

A copy of this book, a reference sheet, and several handouts are included in
the registration fee.  These courses stress science and science philosophy
as much as statistical methods.  The focus is on quantification and
qualification of formal evidence concerning alternative science hypotheses.

These courses can be hosted, organized, and delivered at your university,
agency, institute, or training center.  I have given 45-50 of these courses
and they have been well received.  The courses are informal and discussion
and debate are encouraged.  The courses are informative and it is easy to
understand the material.  Additional insights can be found at

http://aicanderson2.home.comcast.net

Details on hosting such a course are given at

http://aicanderson1.home.comcast.net

If you are interested in hosting a course at your location, please contact
me.

Thank you.

David R. Anderson
quietander...@yahoo.com