We are looking for an ecology graduate student or post-doc who would be
interested in helping us
with background research for a new interactive chapter on Biogeography and
Conservation. This
chapter will become part of the SimUText Ecology series of interactive chapters
(an alternative to a
standard ecology textbook that is starting to get wide usage).

We are especially interested in someone familiar with data sets on large-scale
biodiversity, such as
species richness across temperature, PET, latitude, etc.. These data will
become parts of some
interactive data manipulation exercises to be included in the chapter. We will
also want you to find a
few interesting case studies on various topics in biogeography and write one
page summaries to be
included in the chapter.

We are offering $25 / hour for this work, as well a line in the chapter
credits, and feedback on your
writing vis-a-vis an undergraduate audience. It should also be fun. We expect
15 - 30 hours of work,
to happen in May. Please have a good command of writing in english and access
to a good research
library. If interested, please email e...@simbio.com asap, including a sentence
on your research
background.