Dear listers,

I need some help to use the GLA Program.

There are a few steps to calculate canopy openess using GLA:

1 - Open an existing canopy image or scan in a new one:
DOUBT: May I use a common square digital photo? I am planing to use black
and white photos saved as monocromatic bitmap. If not possible, what is the
best program to use with square digital photos?

2 - Register the image so that both the orientation and circular extent of
the exposure are known.
DOUBT: I am using the mouse and the pointer to draw a circle in each square
photo; is it correct?

3 - If necessary, edit the configuration settings to reflect the site
position and orientation, growing-season length, and atmospheric conditions.
DOUBT: When using a square digital photo what to change in the configuration
settings?

4 - Threshold the image so that the each pixel is accurately classified as
either a sky (white) or non-sky (black) pixel.
DOUBT: If I am using black and white pictures, it is usefull to use the
threshold tool? It seems to me that does not change the results in this
case!

Thanks for any help!

Prof. Dr. J. C. VOLTOLINI
Universidade de Taubate - Departamento de Biologia
Taubate, SP. 12030-010. E-Mail: jcvol...@uol.com.br
ECOTROP (CNPq):
http://dgp.cnpq.br/buscaoperacional/detalhegrupo.jsp?grupo=1546205IMB87W7
Currículo Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/8137155809735635
Orkut ("Ensino de Ciência"):
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?rl=ls&uid=17608429643840608483
Fotos Artísticas: http://voltolini.album.uol.com.br/texturas.

'Siamo tutti angeli con un'ala e possiamo volare soltanto se ciabbracciamo'