In the eastern US ticks are an accepted and unavoidable nuisance when working
in the field.  Recently, with the increased prevalence of tick borne illness,
people have become more cautious towards tick bites.  Recently, I attempted to
get tested for Lyme disease based on my elevated levels of exposure over long
periods of time, but without clinical symptoms my provider refused to
administer the test.  This is frustrating to me particularly because of the
likely possibility that I overlooked the minor symptoms during the summer, and
now am just waiting for major permanent symptoms to surface to administer an
exam.  Is anyone aware of recommendations for testing associated with high
levels of exposure, or any other pertinent information associated with
interacting with doctors, or Lyme disease detection?

matt