Post-doctoral position
Time-series modeling of large-scale population and community processes
Northwest Fisheries Science Center, NOAA Fisheries, Seattle, WA

NOAA’s Northwest Fisheries Science Center (NWFSC) has a large research group
using time-series modeling to study ecological dynamics.  Our research
interests are diverse, including estimating species-interaction strengths,
inferring environmental and anthropogenic drivers of population and
community dynamics, estimating stability metrics, detecting change points
and regime shifts.  We have numerous long-term and large-scale time-series
data on fish, marine mammals, and plankton, which we use to study a wide
array of basic and applied ecological and fishery questions.

We are seeking a post-doctoral scientist to join our research group.  Strong
quantitative skills along with a background in aquatic or fisheries ecology
are necessary for this position including a record of publication.  The
ideal candidate would also have experience and interest in one or more of
the following areas:
•       Statistical modeling, esp. hierarchical modeling
•       time-series analysis
•       population and/or community dynamics
•       fisheries management
•       salmon biology

Post-doctoral positions are initially supported for 1 year with extensions
up to 3 years contingent on satisfactory progress and submitted publications.

Why come post-doc at the NWFSC?  You will join a supportive, collaborative
and productive team of quantitative ecologists at NWFSC who are using
time-series modeling to study ecological dynamics.  Our center of 300+
research scientists has a large number of post-doctoral fellows and provides
a stimulating and productive environment for research.  Post-docs trained in
our group obtain a strong grounding in modern ecological statistics and have
high success obtaining positions at both federal research and academic
institutions.  Close proximity to the University of Washington (a 10min
walk) facilitates on-going  collaborations with faculty and post-docs in the
UW School for Fishery and Aquatic Sciences and other departments across
campus.

Interested? Contact one of the PIs below to discuss the position in more
detail.  Please attach a CV, recent publications, , and a brief statement
describing your background, including any programming and modeling expertise

PIs on this project are:
Eli Holmes   eli.hol...@noaa.gov
http://faculty.washington.edu/eeholmes/

Mark Scheuerell    mark.scheuer...@noaa.gov