The Department of Biology at Bryn Mawr College invites applications for a
full-time, tenure-track position in Ecology at the rank of Assistant Professor
to begin July 1, 2012. We are searching for an individual who will thrive in an
environment that combines teaching and research. We are particularly interested
in candidates who use experimental approaches as a core of their research at
any level of ecological organization. The successful candidate is expected to
teach at all levels of the curriculum, establish an externally funded research
program that provides rigorous collaborative research projects for
undergraduates, and participate in the College’s interdisciplinary program in
Environmental Studies. Teaching responsibilities include courses in ecology and
in the candidate’s area of expertise, as well as involvement in the team-taught
introductory biology sequence. A doctorate and at least one year of
postdoctoral research experience are required. Submit a cover letter,
curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy and research statement as a single pdf
document by October 7, 2011 to Ecologist Search Committee c/o
jjac...@brynmawr.edu. In addition arrange for three letters of recommendation
to be sent via email.

Located in suburban Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr College is a highly selective
liberal arts college for women who share an intense commitment to intellectual
inquiry, an independent and purposeful vision of their lives, and a desire to
make meaningful contributions to the world. Bryn Mawr comprises an
undergraduate college with 1,300 students, as well as coeducational graduate
schools in social work and in some humanities and sciences.  The College
supports faculty excellence in both research and teaching, and has strong
consortial relationships with Haverford College, Swarthmore College, and the
University of Pennsylvania.  Bryn Mawr College is an equal-opportunity
employer; minority candidates and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Feel free to contact me for any further information.
Cheers,
Mike
Michael W. Sears, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor