Call for Teaching Materials: Developing Ecologically-Based Conservation Targets
under Global Change

In conjunction with the 2012 Emerging Issues Conference, "Developing
Ecologically-Based Conservation Targets Under Global Change," ESA's EcoEd
Digital Library (EcoEdDL) is seeking related teaching materials that faculty
can use in undergraduate courses.

Conference site: http://www.esa.org/emergingissues/conference.php
EcoEdDL: http://ecoed.esa.org/index.php?P=Home

If you have images, datasets, figure sets or classroom activities that can be
used to teach students about topics related to conservation and global change,
we encourage you to submit them for digital publication in EcoEdDL! We will
feature a special collection to promote the Conference within the ecological
community; a similar collection was created for the 2009 Millennium Conference
on "Water-Ecosystem Services, Drought and Environmental Justice."

Millennium collection:
http://www.esa.org/ecoed/index.php?P=AdvancedSearch&Q=Y&G92=1&RP=5&SR=0&ST=Advanced

By submitting to EcoEdDL, you will:

*       Locate and share cutting edge, peer-reviewed ecology education resources
*       Gain access to a community of scientists and educators
*       Advance ecology education and potentially fulfill NSF's broader impacts
requirements.

Activity submissions are peer reviewed for scientific accuracy and pedagogical
use, and images are reviewed by EcoEdDL editors. To be reviewed and published
in time for the March conference, we must receive your submission by December
20, 2011. We welcome additional contributions after the deadline for inclusion
in the general collection. Resources could address one or more topics related
to the conference theme, such as:

*       Trade-off analyses of conservation decisions using both current and
forecast parameters
*       Impacts of global change on policy decisions concerning management of
non-native, threatened, and endangered species
*       Impacts of climate change on both cultural and ecological diversity
*       Measures and definitions of biodiversity and ecosystem function within
dynamic environmental contexts.

Contact Celia Smith, ESA Education Programs Coordinator, at ce...@esa.org for
more information.

Celia Smith