Bom dia Matheus

In Peru people make smoothies and I have taught many local indigenous
communities to make ice by just stirring any salt (a fertilizer for example)
and put what they want to cool down in the middle of the mixture. Please see
that liquid nitrogen can be hard to find in far off places.

Local Amazon parties are usually beer drinking by putting beer bottles in
the middle of a cut in half oil cylinder full of water and fertilizer and
they cool down and keep cool since salts have a lower freezing point than
water (and beer?) and thus the temperature is kept low.

I know that there was a movie about this years ago but the truth is that
many of my indigenous friends are now able to bring unspoiled fish and game
from (alas every year) longer distances all the way to the market without
being met half way on the river by intermediaries that pay a very low price
and pocket all the profits just by having fast boats and coolers with ice or
freezers running on LP gas or generators. Fair trade has thus become a
reality for many of them. I also taught them how to make make jam
and marmalade using natural pectin from a bag of citrus crushed pips and
juice and sugar, which has meant that they only have to haul sugar to their
far off farms and the rest is already available from their own crops.

All this has been done ad Honorem since I believe in making what I call St
Peters points by being able to answer whenever those pearly gates ( or
whatever you choose to believe in) are opened and someone (St Peter or
whoever)  asks what you did with your life and you answer a million dollars
and be told that that is the next door down but if you have shared your
knowledge and skills freely he (she,it) will let you through to whatever is
on the other side, if anything and thus avoid taking fresh fruit to the
market and those middlemen plus the added value involved.

I work for the Explorer's Inn on the lower Tambopata River in SE Peru and I
would like to invite scientists to check out this combination of Low Impact
Eco Tourism and Conservation and Research because it just might fit your
needs. I have successfully posted on this list looking for applicants for
our ground breaking free Resident Naturalists Programme but we are also
considered by Oliver Phillips from the University of Leeds and I quote “As
you know, we still have many plans to continue working at EI as it is an
absolutely critical research centre now for Amazonian ecology.  This
includes the project to construct the canopy tower (in place 42.5 metres
high) , as well as monitoring the long-term plots (28 years now)”.

And Yadvinder Mahli from the University of Oxford “We greatly value the
support that the Explorer's Inn has given to scientific research over the
years, something that has led to it being one of the most important sites in
all of Amazonia for scientific research”.

So please check our webpage www.explorersinn.com and contact us.

Parabens

Jan
Jan H. N. Ygberg
Public Relations
Resident Naturalists Programme Coordinator

                                 EXPLORER'S INN
                                           in the
                     TAMBOPATA NATIONAL RESERVE
A PERUVIAN SAFARIS ECO LODGE – A LODGE WITH A DIFFERENCE
Since 1976 A SHOWCASE OF THE AMAZON RAINFOREST
Peruvian Safaris S.A
Alcanfores 459 - Miraflores
Lima 18 - Peru
Phone: (51 1) 447 8888