Hello ECOLOG,

We are attempting to measure transpiration from wetland plants in one of our
study sites. Some plants are easier than others because the leaves and stems
fit in the LI-COR 6400XT portable photosynthesis system standard 2x3 leaf
chamber. We are having difficulty using this leaf chamber to measure
transpiration from thick stems and leaves of other plants such as,
Schoenoplectus acutus, S. tabernaemontani, S. californicus and Typha
latifolia and T. domingensis. The leaf chamber can not build a good seal
around these thick parts.  We have tried adding extra padding in the leaf
chamber using a packing material sponge and pool noodle foam but we are
afraid there is still some leakage going on affecting our measurements.

Please send us any ideas or suggestions on how to improve our seal when
measuring thick plant parts using a 2x3 leaf chamber.

Thank you,

Jorge

--
Jorge Ramos