PhD opportunity in wetland ecology at Texas Tech University
Start date January 2012

The Griffis-Kyle lab invites applications for a PhD position in Texas
Tech’s Natural Resource Management Program.  We welcome inquiries from
motivated students interested in how climate change affects wetland
dependant organisms.  Incoming PhD students are encouraged to develop
their own research project in the broad area of wetland ecology and
climate working at the Lake Waco Wetlands
(http://www.lakewacowetlands.com/).  There are mesocosms, lab space, and a
natural area available on site to create an integrated research project
combining laboratory and field ecology.

Qualifications:  We are looking for highly motivated and creative students
with good communication skills (oral and written) that are comfortable
working independently and that have previous experience.  Students should
be interested in collaborating with a community college and mentoring
undergraduates in research.  Preference will be given to students with a
M.S., competitive GRE scores, undergrad GPA (>3.0), grad GPA (>3.5), and
are able to start by January 2012

Interested applicants should email Dr. Kerry Griffis-Kyle (kerry.griffis-
k...@ttu.edu) ASAP and have “PhD opportunity” in the subject line. Please
include in the email: 1) how this position will help you fulfill your
career goals, 2) pertinent work experience 3) GRE scores, 4) why I should
hire you, and 4) address, phone, and email.  Please include with your
email a resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three
references. Texas Tech University requires a background check before a
person can be hired.

Email correspondence is preferred.

For additional information on the Griffis-Kyle lab:
http://www.rw.ttu.edu/ttunrm/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=45
For additional information on the Department of Natural Resources
Management:  http://www.rw.ttu.edu/ttunrm/
For additional information on Texas Tech’s Graduate Program:
http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/