"Just send them to college" can only be done in cities that have colleges.
Also, AP classes are slower-paced than college courses and taught in a more
interactive manner. (AP Environmental Science, for example, is a year-long
course but replaces a one-semester course.)

I didn't take AP Bio but attended a biology magnet school that offered lots
of science courses. 90% of my first-year biology at UCLA was review. If
students who test out of intro courses are struggling, maybe it's because
they missed a chance to learn to take college science courses, not because
they missed content.

Jane Shevtsov

--
Jane Shevtsov

"She has future plans and dreams at night.
They tell her life is hard; she says 'That's all right'."  --Faith Hill,
"Wild One"