Lawren et al.,
Unfortunately, I think you may be preaching to the choir. I'm not trying
to be pessimistic, but if every ESA member were to follow through and
commit to the 'doing something', instead of just 'talking more', what
would that accomplish? Just going by the numbers, conservatively speaking,
ESA membership is around 10,000 and according to the Census Bureau, the
current population in the US is 312,718,825 (
http://www.census.gov/population/www/popclockus.html) So, what do we do
about the other 312,708,000?
I'm in the education arena and it is a question that I've been trying to
figure out how to answer for a long time. I know advocacy is one way and
something I work on all the time. Maybe this should be part of the focus
of the 'doing something' approach.
Steve

___________________
Stephen L. Young, PhD
Weed Ecologist
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
West Central Research & Extension Center
402 West State Farm Road
North Platte, NE 69101

syou...@unl.edu
308-696-6712