The Department of Biological Sciences at Mississippi State University
invites applications for MS and PhD assistantships in Ecology and Evolution.

Ecology and Evolution is one of three focal research areas in the Department
of Biological Sciences at Mississippi State University. Our graduate
students work toward either the Ph.D. or M.S. degree.  The research
interests of the Ecology & Evolution faculty
<http://countermanlab.biology.msstate.edu/eebfaculty.html><http://countermanlab.biology.msstate.edu/eebfaculty.html>
include
conservation biology, ecology of invasive species, evolutionary genomics,
landscape ecology, molecular evolution, phylogenetics, plant systematics,
population genetics, quantitative ecology, speciation and wetland ecology.
MSU houses an array of resources for ecological and evolutionary research,
such as extensive botanical collections in our herbarium and greenhouses, a
large avian collection of local and exotic birds, the MSU Entomological
Museum
<http://mississippientomologicalmuseum.org.msstate.edu//><http://mississippientomologicalmuseum.org.msstate.edu>
which
houses thousands of cataloged specimens, books and journals, high power
computing available through the HPCC
<http://www.hpc.msstate.edu/><http://www.hpc.msstate.edu/>, access
to GIS experts and software through the Geosystems Research Institute
<http://www.gri.msstate.edu/> <http://www.gri.msstate.edu/>  and ample
departmental lab space for
molecular work with access to next-generation DNA sequencers.

We urge those interested to visit us online at
http://countermanlab.biology.msstate.edu/eeb.html

And to contact members of the Ecology & Evolution faculty before applying at
http://countermanlab.biology.msstate.edu/eebfaculty.html

To submit an application please follow the instructions available for MSU
<http://www.grad.msstate.edu/prospective/programs/><http://www.grad.msstate.edu/prospective/programs/>
and the Department of
Biological Sciences
<http://biology.msstate.edu/degrees/graduate/><http://biology.msstate.edu/degrees/graduate/>.