Registration for the 41st Benthic Ecology Meeting is now open at the
following website:  http://sci.odu.edu/bem/

The 2012 BEM will be held March 21-24th in Norfolk, VA. Old Dominion
University will be your host.  A few updates and reminders:

(1) Hotel Accommodations: We have negotiated a fantastic rate at the
conference hotel – the Norfolk Waterside Marriott.  This is the best hotel
in town at a bargain basement rate: $93/night for 1-4 persons/rm.  A great
hotel on the waterfront in downtown with lots of restaurants and bars
nearby, a 6th floor heated pool with several outdoor hot tubs overlooking
the waterfront, classy rooms, and a great bar – you’d be crazy to stay
elsewhere! Please help us fill the hotel.

(2) Film Festival: The BEM will again host the “Beneath the Waves Film
Festival” (see our website for details), but this year we are highlighting
the film festival with a Friday evening social at the Nauticus Maritime
Museum where the films will appear on the IMAX theater screen.

(3) Poster Presentations: To give poster presenters more visibility at the
BEM, this year we are requiring the following of poster presenters:
   (a) Author photos: A photo of the lead author must appear on the poster
so viewers of your poster can identify you at the conference.
   (b) “Fastest-2-minutes-presentations”: All poster presenters will be
required to give a brief (no more than 2 mins and no more than 2 slides)
oral summary of their posters during the oral presentation sessions.

Looking forward to seeing you in March in Norfolk.

Hope to see you at the 41st BEM!

Mark

Dr. Mark Butler
Professor & Eminent Scholar