GRADUATE STUDENT POSITION (M.S.) AVAILABLE IN ECOPHYSIOLOGY/SILVICULTURE,
DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCE ECOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT, OKLAHOMA STATE
UNIVERSITY, STILLWATER, OK

We are seeking a graduate student to join our team as we undertake an
exciting research project to develop management systems to increase carbon
sequestration by U.S. southern pine forests, to enhance the efficiency of
forest resource use, and to increase the resilience of these forests to
changing climate.

The selected student will have the opportunity to design their own study
at our field site installation where soil moisture and nutrient
availability will be manipulated.  Potential areas of research are leaf
area development in response to resource availability, foliar gas
exchange, quantification of soil respiration, or other areas of
investigation.

A graduate assistantship of $15,500 is available annually for two years.
Additional financial supplements may be available for the first year.
Benefits include tuition waiver and health insurance.  The starting date
will be May (preferred) or August, 2012.  A complete application
includes:  statement of research interests and relevant experience, three
letters of reference, curriculum vitae, official transcripts of all
college level study, GRE scores and a completed OSU Graduate College
application.

To apply, see website:  http://nrem.okstate.edu/graduatestudents.html.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a letter stating your
interest in the program and a resume to:  Dr. Tom Hennessey
tom.hennes...@okstate.edu