Starlings Podcast from the Encyclopedia of Life

This week, we hear a story in two acts about a very familiar bird—the common
starling. It's a non-native species that is omnivorous, gregarious, adaptable,
and highly successful in its adopted land. It turns out we humans have
inadvertently put out the welcome mat for this alien species. Act One tells
the story about this winged invader with an $800 million appetite for fruit
crops. As for Act Two, we’ll let independent producer Josh Kurz and the
theater troupe Higher Mammals explain.

Startling recordings courtesy of Donald Kroodsma and were recorded at the
Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Listen to the podcast here: http://education.eol.org/podcast/starlings