Third Millennium Alliance is a US non-profit organization based in Ecuador.
Our mission is to preserve the last remnants of Pacific Equatorial Forest in
coastal Ecuador and the wide range of endangered and endemic species therein
contained. In 2007 we established the Jama-Coaque Ecological Reserve, which
protects one of the last major remnants of tropical rainforest and cloud
forest in coastal Ecuador and is likewise one of the last refuges for
endangered wild cats in the region. We are also working to restore habitat
through our Micro-Forestation program with local landholders. Another
critical element of our work is directly involving local communities in
conservation activities, especially children, youth, and young adults,
through ecological education, biological research, nature trail guiding, and
reforestation activities.

We are looking for someone to help write grants and develop new project
proposals that are focused on biodiversity conservation and community
development. As a young organization, we are seeking a professional
individual that has a passion for conservation and wildlife, with a
background in marketing and public relations. Experience in the non-profit
sector and with grant writing would be ideal. You will be provided with a
very comfortable apartment/office in the capital city of Quito, and all the
resources and amenities with which to work, but you will be responsible for
covering your own living expenses such as food and other personal expenses.
Most likely you will be sharing the apartment with another intern. Although
the position is on a volunteer basis, a commission may be awarded for
successful grant proposals, as a form of compensation.

Position overview:
•       Research, write and follow up on proposals and project reports to
institutional funders
•       Work with executive director and program staff to ensure that all
proposals accurately reflect the mission, policies, budgets and programs
•       Manage scheduling process and ensure timely submission of proposals and
reports
•       Conduct research on existing and potential funders
•       There will be an incentive for each granted proposal

If you would like to learn more, please visit our Internship page on our
website, where you can download a PDF file which includes a detailed program
description, at: http://www.3malliance.org/index.php?id=320

After reading the PDF file, if you would like to apply, send an email to the
address listed in the program description.

We hope you work with you!

Sincerely,

Bryan Criswell, Isabel Dávila, Jerry Toth
Directors, Jama-Coaque Reserve
Third Millennium Alliance
Jama, Ecuador
www.3malliance.org