The month of March 2012 was incredibly warm--both day and night--and Mother
Nature seemed to respond. Plants and animals of various species showed activity
ahead of what the calendar usually dictates, so there may be some long-term
effects. To view our photo essay about this phenomenon and some of the
organisms involved, please visit our "This Week at Hilton Pond" installment for
19-31 March 2012 at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek120319.html

While there, don't forget to scroll down for a list of birds banded and
recaptured, including a rather old American Goldfinch.

Happy (Spring) Nature watching!

BILL

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852
fax (803) 684-0255

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org