As per request of a few colleagues in both list-servers, here is a summary
of the information on dissecting microscopes sent to me (most links added
by me). Of course, this list does *not* represent an endorsement; it is
only a compilation. If it is in your heart, please, feel free to improve on
this summary and send me (blayjo...@gmail.com) an updates.

Peace and wellness, sincerely,

Jorge

1. Amscope - http://stores.ebay.com/Precision-World?_trksid=p4340.l2563 ,
an example in this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cordless-Student-LED-Stereomicroscope-Science-/400210151208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2e624728

2. BioQuip – 20X microscope, 85 dollars -
http://www.bioquip.com/search/DispProduct.asp?pid=6070

3. Motic – A colleague suggested the SMZ168 model

http://www.motic.com/ProductDetail.aspx?r=Eur&lang=en&cid=&pid=25

http://www.microscope.com/digital-microscopes-motic-c-35_104.html

4. Nikon -
http://www.nikoninstruments.com/Products/Microscope-Systems/Stereomicroscopes

No specific model was suggested by the replying colleague.

5. Olympus -
http://www.olympusamerica.com/seg_section/seg_microscopes.asp?section=stereo

No specific model was suggested by the replying colleague.

6.  Zeiss – A colleague suggested the DV4 model (around $2400 USD) -
http://www.zeiss.com/4125681F004CA025?Opendatabase