Please join us in celebrating today as the 30th anniversary of the first bird
ever banded at Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History--a female Common
Grackle trapped on 28 June 1982. As of this morning at 10:50 a.m. we've caught
899 more grackles and a total of 57,514 birds of 126 species (including 4,491
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds)--not a bad record for three decades of work at the
most active year-round bird banding station in the Carolinas.  :-)

Happy Birding!

BILL

P.S. Please "Like" our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond
for timely updates on nature topics.

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852
fax (803) 684-0255

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org