Hi Dawn,

You might take a look at Donella Meadows' excellent book _Thinking in
Systems_. One of her examples of a positive feedback loop ("vicious cycle")
is how she and her brother used to fight when they were kids: he would push
her, she pushed back harder, he pushed back harder yet, and soon an actual
fight would break out.

Jane Shevtsov

--
Jane Shevtsov, Ph.D.

"In the long run, education intended to produce a molecular geneticist, a
systems ecologist, or an immunologist is inferior, both for the individual
and for society, than that intended to produce a broadly educated person
who has also written a dissertation." --John Janovy, Jr., "On Becoming a
Biologist"