Dear Colleagues:

We invite your abstract submissions to the 2012 AGU Fall Meeting Session B04:
Belowground carbon allocation: Responses, allocation strategies, and coupled
biogeochemical interactions.

Session Description:

"Belowground carbon (C) allocation is an important ecosystem carbon flux and
plays a major role in driving biogeochemical processes such as nutrient cycling
and soil C storage. This session invites contributions that further our
understanding on the quantification of belowground C allocation, differing
allocation strategies in response to environmental or climatic stressors, or
biogeochemical interactions coupled with carbon allocated belowground. We
welcome contributions from different spatio-temporal scales of investigation
and encourage presentations from both experimental and modeling studies that
focus on testing hypotheses, isolating mechanisms, and identifying knowledge
gaps."

We encourage you to consider submission of an abstract for an oral and/or
poster presentation at the session.  We plan to have 4 invited speakers
(confirmed: Michael Bahn, Zachary Aanderud) and will select oral presentations
from the abstract submissions that illustrate the scope and range of our
current understanding of belowground C allocation.  In particular, some
emphasis on the implications of belowground C allocation for ecosystem
processes would benefit the goals of the session.

DEADLINE
Deadline for abstract submissions is 8 August 2012 at 23:59ET/3:59+1 GMT.
http://agu-fm12.abstractcentral.com/

Session Topic: Biogeosciences (B)
Co-Sponsor(s): Global Environmental Change (GC)

Please feel free to contact us for additional information.

Richard Lucas (richard.lu...@slu.se) and
Niles Hasselquist (niles.hasselqu...@slu.se)

--
Richard W. Lucas