We were deeply saddened this past Saturday to hear about the death of astronaut
Neil Armstrong, a man we were lucky enough to meet and learn from early in our
science career. "This Week at Hilton Pond" we stray a bit from our usual
natural history theme for a first-person account of time we spent with this
terrific man BEFORE he became an international hero. To read our installment
for 1-25 August 2012--and to view an interesting photo of the astronaut that
most people have never seen--please visit
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek120801.html

While there, don't forget to scroll down for a list of all birds banded and
recaptured locally during the period and to see who's recently provided support
for the education, research, and conservation efforts of Hilton Pond Center and
Operation RubyThroat.

The Moon's out tonight. Don't forget to look up at it and ponder the eventful
life of Commander Neil Armstrong--first man to walk the lunar surface.

BILL

P.S. Please "Like" our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond
for timely updates on nature topics.

========

BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852
fax (803) 684-0255

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve
plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region
of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and
education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the
sunset."               BHjr.

============

P.S. Please "Like" our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond
for timely updates on nature topics.

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852
fax (803) 684-0255

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org