Well, Laura Hubbs herself was a scientist, working alongside Carl.  She
coauthored papers with him, especially ethnographic and marine mammal papers.

Clark Hubbs followed in his father's footsteps as an ichthyologist, one of the
outstanding ones.  He was a professor at University of Texas at Austin.  His
latter years were focused on conservation.  Clark was a leader in scientific
and conservation organizations, helping to found some, and serving as president
and in other offices in others, including ASIH.  He was an inspiration to
legions of students.  Field work with Clark was quite an experience.  I learned
far more from him in informal settings than I did from most courses I took,
without a doubt.

Hubbs family members are still active and leaders in ecology and ichthyology,
and some in other fields of science.

http://www.utexas.edu/tmm/tnhc/fish/hubbs/HIS/CV_HUBBS_2008-10-01.pdf

David McNeely