Interns at the Jama-Coaque Reserve are encouraged to take on high-impact and
dynamic projects; we are a young organization forging our path as we
discover it. There is a tremendous amount of work to be done and experience
to be gained – for interns and for us. Above all, creativity and innovation
are the basis for our intern program. And our objective, as lofty as it
sounds, is to find, prepare, and join forces with the next generation of
practitioners and leaders in the field of ecologically sustainable human
progress.

Interns with 3MA spend approximately half of their time here completing a
personal project. The nature of these projects is immensely varied, as you
can see below.

We usually have some projects and goals that we count on interns to help us
accomplish. It's also common that applicants suggest a project based on
their own particular skills and interests. Here are some that we're thinking
of, or feel free to propose your own!

Design & build a micro-hydro power system (connected to a water cooled
refrgerator, connected to a compost tea bubbler, eventually retuning all
water to the river!)

Gung-ho grafting - mangoes, mameys, and more. Help us get a nursery of
delicious cultivars off the ground.

Design & build a beehive, and write a Jama-Coaque Reserve Apiculture
Management Protocol.

Investigate the quantity of carbon/biomass being sequestered by our forest

Develop an insect cultivation system for supplementing the diets of ducks,
and chickens (and possibly ourselves!)

Continue an ongoing insect survey (entomology background required)