Good Morning All,

I am currently in the process of preparing an NSF-TUES grant proposal to
conduct research on the use of primary literature in introductory level
(freshman/sophomore) biology courses.  The goal of the overall project
is to evaluate the use of literature and to track students throughout
their educational career.  I would love to see this also result in a
meta-analysis across multiple institutional partners. One key point, I
would like collaborators who would be willing to simultaneously teach
two different sections of the same course, one section using primary
literature, and the other section using traditional methods.  If you
think you and your institution, or someone you know, might be interested
in such a project, feel free to contact me and I can provide you with
more information about what I have in mind and we discuss how we can
make this a collaborative effort.  I do have some preliminary data on
which I am building this proposal, so we wouldn't necessarily be
starting from scratch.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested.

LaRoy

LaRoy Brandt

Dept of Biology

Truman State University