Please see the posting below for a graduate position at the LSU Herbarium along
with the
associated contact information.

###############

I'm happy to announce the following position, ideal for an incoming graduate
student:

Louisiana State University Herbarium (http://www.herbarium.lsu.edu/) is seeking
a graduate
student interested in researching a broad botanical, ecological, or
evolutionary subject that would
utilize our prestigious facility and collections of over 200,000 vascular
plants, bryophytes, lichens,
and fungi.  While pursuing a degree in the Biological Sciences, the Graduate
Assistant Curatorship
would provide a stipend, equivalent to a teaching assistantship, and training
in the techniques of
collections management.  The assistantship is part-time, requiring 20 hrs/wk of
work in the
herbarium during the Fall and Spring semesters under the guidance of the
Herbarium Director and
Collections Manager.  Ideal candidates will be highly self-motivated,
organized, and detail oriented
in order to effectively succeed in databasing, georeferencing, imaging,
filling, repairing, and
annotating specimens.  Additional activities include preparing loans and
assisting with occasional
collection trips.  The location of the position is Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a
cosmopolitan city central
to the Gulf South within approximately an hour drive of many natural areas and
New Orleans.  One
must formally apply and be accepted into a degree program in the Biological
Sciences Department
at Louisiana State University (LSU) (http://www.biology.lsu.edu/).  Preference
will be given to
applicants interested in plant systematics, ecology, evolution, or related
fields.  For further
information, please contact the LSU Herbarium Manager, Jennifer Kluse
(jkl...@lsu.edu).

Best Regards,
Jennie

--