I suggest you look into the Student Conservation Association.  They have
internships across the country and provide extremely valuable field and
life experiences.  I have completed two myself.  Most are AmeriCorps
positions and you receive a education stipend at the end.  They don't pay
that well, but the other benefits like the experiences you have are
completely worth it.

As someone who recently completed graduate school and had to wait a year
and a half before I could even get into SUNY ESF in Syracuse, NY...and
STILL cannot find a full time job..I understand where you are coming from.
Best of luck and good hunting.

Jim