OTS is celebrating its 50th Anniversary  (http://www.ots50.org) in conjunction
with the Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation Annual Meeting
(http://atbc2013.org/) in San Jose, Costa Rica, June 23-27, 2013.

In the spirit of the celebration and in the interest of preserving the
tremendous data legacy collected at OTS field stations, the OTS Science
Committee is launching a program to locate and archive the foundational
datasets, i.e. the "Golden Datasets".

Golden Datasets are the pivotal historical datasets that typify the best of OTS
science. Included among these data sets could be multi-investigator project
datasets such as those of the PLOTS, GAPS, and HUERTOS projects or individual
data sets of special value from the 1960s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. We are asking for
nominations by the tropical research community to help us identify these
valuable datasets. We are especially interested in early datasets that might be
endangered by retirements or the passing of pioneer investigators.

Please help the OTS Science Committee identify these pivotal datasets by
nominating datasets that meet these criteria (including your own datasets). The
OTS Science Committee will choose the highest priority data sets and make every
reasonable effort to assure their long-term preservation in accordance with OTS
data policies.

Click below to nominate a dataset:
 http://www.ots50.org/history/golden-datasets

Please pass this message on to appropriate parties.

For more information, contact Dr. Steve Oberbauer, Florida International
University  [mailto:oberb...@fiu.edu]

Steve Oberbauer
Professor of Biological Sciences
Graduate Program Director