Ecologgers,

My lab has been studying the barnacle Pollicipes elegans, which has an
anti-tropical distribution
across the Eastern Tropical Pacific.  Populations are found in northern Mexico,
El Salvador and
Peru/Ecuador and the barnacle is absent between these locations.  We are
interested in examining the
role of thermal tolerance in setting the range limits of this species and
potentially local adaptation
among populations.  My advisor primary works on larvae and we have already run
our larval
experiments.  I decided to also run some experiments on my own with adults
incorporating some
biochemical assays, which is somewhat outside my lab's expertise.  I am looking
for citrate synthase
and HSP 70 assay kits that have been used with other marine crustaceans.
Ideally the kits would be
all inclusive and include most, if not all, of the reagents needed for the
assays.  Any manuscripts
where purchasable kits were used or suggestions of kits others have used in the
past would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam Crickenberger