Folks,

I'm collaborating on a survey of the experiences of LGBTQ individuals working
in science, tech,
engineering, and math, and I'm hoping that the ECOLOG community will help us
share it with as many
people as possible. We're using a "snowball sample" distribution model, in
which we as respondents
to help distribute links to the survey to their own professional and personal
networks, so we can hear
from as many people as possible.

There's more information below my signature, or you can go directly to the
survey website,
www.queerstem.org, to learn more, take the survey, and find out how to help
spread the word.

thanks!
Jeremy Yoder

----
Jeremy B. Yoder
Postdoctoral Associate
University of Minnesota
Department of Plant Biology

www.jeremybyoder.com
jbyo...@umn.edu

Sent with Sparrow

-------------------------------------
In the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), the
social experiences of
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, or queer (LGBTQ) professionals are often
overlooked. Those of
us who work in STEM research or teaching know that LGBTQ colleagues are out
there, if we know
where to look, but we know very little about the LGBTQ folks who work in STEM,
as a group. Basic,
general information regrading the following questions is hard to come by:

                What do we study?
                What kinds of institutions do we work at?
                What kinds of communities do we live in?
                What degree of acceptance and support have we found in our
chosen career fields?

We are conducting a new, nationwide survey to begin to answer some of these
questions, by eliciting
feedback from as large a sample of LGBTQ folks working in STEM fields as
possible. By participating,
you will contribute to efforts to document the contributions of LGBTQ
individuals to STEM fields and
inform advocacy efforts to improve occupational experiences.

Although we welcome as much feedback as possible, please note that this survey
is primarily targeted
toward individuals who have completed an initial Bachelor's or Technical degree
and are working in a
STEM field within or outside of academia. Undergraduate experiences are unique
and several quality
studies exist regarding LGBTQ identity across fields of study at the
postsecondary level--with this
survey we aim to fill a different gap in the field.

The survey should take about 15-20 minutes to complete, and will ask about your
research, your
career path, your gender identity and sexual orientation, and your experience
at the institution where
you work and the community in which you live.

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback!

Take the survey here: http://www.queerstem.org/p/take-survey.html